“Repeat Rape: How do they get away with it?”, Part 1 of 2. (link to Part 2)
- College Men: Repeat Rape and Multiple Offending Among Undetected Rapists,Lisak and Miller, 2002 [PDF, 12 pages]
- Navy Men: Lisak and Miller’s results were essentially duplicated in an even larger study (2,925 men): Reports of Rape Reperpetration by Newly Enlisted Male Navy Personnel, McWhorter, 2009 [PDF, 16 pages]
By dark-side-of-the-room, who writes:
These infogifs are provided RIGHTS-FREE for noncommercial purposes. Repost them anywhere. In fact, repost them EVERYWHERE. No need to credit. Link to the L&M study if possible.
Knowledge is a seed; sow it.
Reblogging because I mentioned this study in a post the other day and someone reblogged & replied insinuating that I’d made it up, but I didn’t have the citation on hand right then. As I said then: rape culture is what teaches rapists that they aren’t rapists.
^ bolded for emphasis
Try not to think so much. I know it’s easier said than done, but here are some tips;
- Put on your favourite movie, one you’ve seen a million times.
- Or put on an old tv show; don’t pressure yourself with silence.
- Grap a notebook and pen.
- Put pen to paper and write a word, any word.
- You can even start out with a doodle if you like.
- Don’t think about writing a story, just write anything.
- Write about the weather, what you had for breakfast, a dream you had, anything at all. Write something that means nothing.
- Write for five minutes, then leave it.
- Tomorrow, write for ten minutes.
- Increase it each day.
- I promise you, that sooner or later, a character, a story idea, a scene, something, will come to you and ask to be written.
- But don’t pressure yourself.
- You don’t need to write an entire novel on day one.
- Write snippets, write sketches, write things you’ll never finish.
- Don’t pressure yourself.
- Allow yourself to write rubbish.
- And in between the writing, read, read, read, read, read.
- Be brave. I know you can do it.
Beautiful photos of abandoned places.
THIS IS WHAT THE WHOLE WORLD WOULD BE LIKE IN A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE.
What the fuck is the huge hole in the first one?!!!
in seriousness though the top picture is the bottom of an abandoned nuclear cooling tower
i love high contrast photos of fruit floating threateningly in the night
I don’t believe such a thing exists
I was mistaken
The bi!dean icon set you all probably saw coming. Please like and/or reblog if using <3
“over the moon” can either describe a really happy person or a really apathetic werewolf